Job Specification – IT & Cyber Support Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, confident, enthusiastic and passionate customer-focussed IT specialist with a strong knowledge of current cyber security best practice, to join our award winning and fast-growing company and our technical team within it.
Hive Communications is a Managed Service Provider (MSP), designing, implementing and supporting the IT infrastructure, data, backup, cloud services and business telecoms for clients in both the private and public sector with growing emphasis in the cyber security sphere. No client has the same needs and so our solutions are tailored to each client. You will be part of a professional team which operates to provide our customers with truly exceptional service that puts their needs first.
We are embarked on a focussed growth strategy and as such we embrace change with employees who can contribute to this with their own experience and enjoy the journey with us.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will exceed the skill level typically expected with 1st line roles you may find elsewhere and will be more aligned to a traditional 2nd line role.
Technical Support: This will involve providing technical support services via telephone, email, on-site visits and our support ticketing system. An excellent telephone etiquette as well as customer service and support attitude is essential, as is a proven working knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting technical IT issues for customers.
Operations: This requires the planning, provisioning, installation, testing and maintenance of services, as required by the clients. It also includes the company’s own IT infrastructure and systems.
We want you to:
- Monitor and maintain support tickets keeping the customer updated with progress every day
- Create and monitor anti-malware policies
- Drive the development and implementation of cyber security practices internally and to our clients
- Investigate and alleviate client’s’ queries or concerns over security
- Onboard new clients, migrating services, provisioning and installing systems
- Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with new clients
- Flag high priority / urgent issues in a timely manner
- Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system
- Assist with on-site installations and technical support as required
You have got:
- Attention to detail
- A creative problem solver, tackling both new and old cybersecurity challenges across a variety of technologies
- A highly motivated attitude
- Initiative and results driven
- At least 2-3 years previous 1st/2nd line support experience, preferably with Cyber Security experience
- Microsoft 365 Tenant setup and administration (including Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive) and Azure Active Directory configurations
- Networks: Routers, firewalls and switches, DNS, WAN/LAN, VLAN, DHCP, VPN, RDC, WiFi
- Operating Systems encompassing Windows Desktop/Server and iOS/Android, Linux
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good technical knowledge and experience of Customer IT Environments
- Knowledge of Hosted VoIP technologies (desirable)
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Exceptional customer-facing service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A strong desire to grow and learn and a willingness to take on new challenges
Salary & Benefits and why working for Hive will be good for you too
- Professional development opportunities to gain additional qualifications with some allocated learning time done during office hours
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Bonus scheme for new client referrals
- In addition to 4 weeks and bank holidays, you get an extra day for your birthday, leave early every Friday and holiday allowance increases after 3 years.
- Great team values, ethos & culture with regular social events including breakfast club, evening events and more
- Flexibility for occasional home working if required