This client approached Hive after frustrations with their long-standing previous IT Support company who were poor at being responsive to requests for assistance. Systems needed to be updated; staff needed reliable support from a Managed Service Provider who could be contacted with ease. A very old server-based email system needed upgrading to cope with COVID and global changes. Data was all held “on-premises” with an unreliable backup system. Much hardware needed upgrading with others being decommissioned.
Some months later, a major fire demolished the clubhouse and offices overnight. Hive had to react at no notice to replace hardware damaged in the fire, and instigate the Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BCDR) set up by Hive, to allow the Club to be back up and running urgently.
What we did
- Staff with old computers had them replaced with more powerful fit-for-purpose ones
- A Microsoft 365 tenant was set up for them with emails and all data being migrated to Microsoft 365. Remote staff could now access all these with ease and gain efficiency
- All emails and data were setup on separate BCDR platforms to cover disasters and any effects of serious Cyber breaches
- After the fire:
- New computers needed purchasing, and very quickly had all emails, software and data on them exactly as before
- The old server did not need to be recovered as all data was no longer resident on this hardware
- Point-point microwave access points were installed to allow transmission of the failover broadband to Staff relocated to work in a temporary portacabins while the damaged buildings are rebuilt.
- Following the fire, all telecoms were transferred to Hive to allow staff to effectively work from anywhere on the airfield or remotely
- Ongoing MSP work includes desktop and infrastructure support to hardware and key software systems.
What They Said
“The decision to move our IT and managed services to Hive has been transformational. During onboarding, we discovered many major flaws in the security and integrity of our data and network. The transition of data to fully cloud-based services was completed smoothly, effectively and efficiently so that all staff knew how and when it would happen, and where they would access the data on the day of the switch. That had to be done for all emails as well.”
“After the fire, we were very concerned about the potential downtime and loss of data. However, with the backup, business continuity and disaster relief that Hive had set up, the insurance company simply authorised a spend on replacement new computers. These were purchased, configured and delivered within 3 days. In the meantime, all mission delivery continued with those devices in other buildings, and using mobiles.”
“We have had Hive also check important cloud-based bespoke systems for all member management to ensure they were satisfactorily compliant for cyber security.”
“In short The Committee of Management have been delighted throughout with Hive, and continue to be, with the efficient and fast service provided. Support tickets and calls are dealt with promptly and the staff know everything about the Club so it does not matter who deals with any issue.”